Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Connor-isms

When he wants to be held, he holds his arms in the air and says "hug!"

When we are on the potty, he usually follows us saying "peepee" and "poopoo" and to encourage us to finish, he tells us to "bop" ourselves, which is the onomatopoeia we use for when we are wiping him.

Connor did the best thing a couple weeks ago.  I had been really tired, so I had been spending a lot of time laying on the couch.  Connor was listening to music and eating apples and decided to come sit with me.  He climbed up on the couch with me and sat next to me.  I asked him if he wanted to lay down and helped him position himself so he was being a tiny little spoon next to me.  He just laid next to me for 10 minutes, occasionally taking nibbles out of his apple, pulling the blanket up over his arms. This was all very unusual behavior since most of the time if he's near me, he wants milk or videos and he doesn't like to have the blanket restricting him either.

We recently started keeping a log of all the words Connor says, because we thought he was somewhere over 200, but we weren't totally sure.  After making a list for a couple of weeks, we're up to 220 and I'm pretty sure there are several that we forget.  I can't wait until he starts figuring out to put the words together, but for now he only says a couple of phrases that he has learned, like "get it," and "no way."

A couple days ago, Patrick and I were putting Connor to bed.  He was being unusually cooperative and told us it was "night night" time and that he wanted his "sleepsack."  Then when he got on my lap he started saying a "p" word that I wasn't sure about.  Then I repeated it and realized he was prompting us to "pray," like we do with him every night.  It was wonderful.

Every day I read a Bible verse to Connor, along with a prayer, that I get in an email every day.  He comes close to me to listen to tells me "bible" and when I get done praying he repeats "Amen!" loudly and happily.

Playing outside.
Wearing Dada's shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment