Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 11, 2013

Patrick's Birthday/Halloween Party

The previous two years we have had a Halloween party for our friend with kids so all the babies we know can dress up and we can dress Connor up.  This year, I waffled about it, mostly because I'm too tired to make a bunch of party food, and Jerod and Britni aren't in town right now.  Then I realized if we had the party on October 18th, Jerod and Britni could come, and we could also celebrate Patrick's birthday.  What cemented it was that I could call it a potluck and get away with only making a couple dishes.  

So.  This was like 6 days before the party and we didn't have costumes, or even a plan for costumes.  Then we got a package from Jenny and Chris with the cutest outfit for Eamon in it.  I said that maybe Eamon could be Radagast the Brown and Connor could be a a hobbit again.  Then I though about it some more and thought that maybe we could all dress up like different wizards from books that we like.  Connor could be Howl from Howl's Moving Castle (movie version), Patrick could be Chrestomanci, and I would be a Ravenclaw student.  We went to the mall, Jo Ann, and poured over Amazon, and I spent quite a bit of time working on Connor's Howl jacket.  It didn't quite get done for the party, but enough of it did to be good.
Eamon as Radagast the Brown from The Hobbit.

Mama and Eamon.
Cutie Connor.
We took more pictures this week since we only got a few from before the party.

Connor playing with Evie and Jewel.
I think he stole 5 or 6 people's phones.
Here are some more pictures I took of the costumes on Halloween day.  Patrick didn't dress up again so I never got a picture of him!
A laughing skeleton.

Connor is so precious.

Forgive the formatting.  I can't get it to do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment