Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Trips to Tate, June 23-24th and July 16-17th

Sarah and I took the boys on two overnight trips to Tate in the last month.  We were so happy to be able to sleep at the Hankey's house and be at Tate for 2 swimming days.  The first trip was at the same time as my aunt Graham's week so we saw my aunt and cousins.  The second trip was just in the middle of our last trip to Chattanooga and our immediate family's week at Tate the first week in August.
Selfie in my driving outfit.
Clover ring.
Visiting.
Eamon and Connor took to the water so fast!  I was really proud of them for not being nervous and having a lot of fun by themselves.  Connor still needs to learn some water etiquette, like how we never push people into the water, but he's getting better.
Loving the water.  It was HOT outside.
I didn't get any pictures of our first day swimming on the second trip, but Sarah and I took the boys to the green in front of the Winship house and down to the bridge after dinner.
The green.
Winship House.
Sarah shooting the slingshot airplane she brought.
He's so cute.
Pregnant shadow. 
Rolling down the hill.
Brothers on the bridge.
I found some wild blackberries.
Eamon ate a lot of the wild blackberries, but I have no idea why, since they tasted terrible.
Fungus.
He got really frustrated when Sarah and I were trying to arrange
ourselves to swing him.  It was almost bedtime.
Connor and Eamon would haul themselves up on the divide and walk.
Three babies!
Feeding the fish.
Eamon wouldn't pose with me, but he would let me "eat" his face.
I've been trying to get Connor to put on a floatation device since he was a a tiny baby.  He's always hated them.  I bought the boys some Puddle Jumper life vests at Target and then bribed Connor into wearing it.  I knew he would love it as soon as he understood it was going to help him float.  He would panic swim from the baby pool to the ladder whining, "I don't know what I'm doing, someone help me!"  If it wasn't so annoying, it would have been pretty funny.  Eamon would only put his on because Connor's was on, but took it off pretty quickly.  I don't think either of them care to have their arms restricted.
Crazy daredevil.  He kept talking about jumping off but would chicken out.
Pushing Connor from the diving board to the middle pool.
Getting to the end of the day.
 Sarah is always such an incredible help.  It's amazing to have to her to do crazy trips like these with.
The brief time he agreed to pose.
Silly monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment