Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Catching up: Weekend with Jenny

I try to post at least once a week but between going on vacation for 10 days and coming back home and getting settled, not to mention my extremely productive postpartum nesting, we haven't posted almost two weeks!

The first thing I need to talk about is how Connor's Aunt Jenny came to visit him.  The plan was for her to fly into Chattanooga on Thursday, June 9th, the same day Patrick and I were going to drive up to Signal Mountain to stay with my mom and visit both of our families before going to Tate for a week with my brothers and sisters.  Jenny missed her chance for a flight to Chattanooga, but was able to get on a plane for Huntsville, so Patrick picked her up on the way home from work and we all drove together to Chattanooga.  I think this turned out great because Jenny got to spend some real quality time with Connor by herself. 

After arriving on Signal Mountain and eating a late dinner of ribs, sausage, and chicken, courtesy of Hapaw, aka Ed Jemison, we went to my mom's and settling into our strange sleeping arrangement.  Patrick and I have a king-sized bed at home and Connor sleeps with us on it in a little co-sleeping contraption called the SnuggleNest. Google it.  At my mom's and at Tate, the beds are full-sized, so Connor and I slept on the bed and Patrick slept on a blow-up mattress on the floor, thanks to Aunt Sassy, aka Sarah.

Friday we spent the day at the Jemison house and the evening at the Carpenter house.  Saturday we had lunch with my grandmother, Granmar and visited my grandfather at his nursing home, then went to the Jemisons where we spent the rest of the afternoon and the Carpenters, including the newly arrived Myers, Laura, and Lillian, came over for shish kabob at the Jemisons.  Ed loves his grill and he is good at grilling!

We were so busy that weekend we forgot our camera every time we left my Mom's house!  Here are two pictures Jenny took with her phone:


No comments:

Post a Comment