Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

I love Connor!

I post a lot about what we're doing, but I haven't posted about Connor's development or our daily life.

I love being with Connor every day and being his mommy!  Right now he sleeps a long time every night, making noises in his sleep to let me know he's hungry and most of the time I can feed him while he's still sleeping.  He generally goes to sleep when we do, has a "long" sleep (about 3 hours), eats, and then eats every two hours after that.  It's nice to have a fairly dependable pattern.  I still am shocked almost every time I wake up when he wants to eat.  I think to myself, "We just went to sleep! He can't be hungry already!" and sure enough, it's been two hours.

He has a small wakeful period around 7-8 and then another around 10-11, and sleeps hard in the early afternoon, and then wakes up to be with Patrick when he comes home.  Connor associates Patrick with his awake time, and he loves being with Patrick, so it's pretty hard for Patrick to get Connor to go to sleep.

Connor sleeps about 18-20 hours of the day right now, so there's a lot of time where we are just quiet together.  I also have a hard time taking naps in the day, so most days, we stay in bed together until at least 11.  Getting up for 10-15 minutes every two hours during the night is not exactly restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment