Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Separation Anxiety

I'm typing this post while sitting inches away from Connor, expecting him to throw a fit any second because he is not pressed up against my body.  It's been this way ever since we got home from Thanksgiving and I'm not sure if it's that he got used to people holding him all time, got used to constantly being stimulated, or just is at an age where he needs to be sure I am with him all the time.  I can't help but think, "You sleep pressed up against my body at night and during all of your naps, why do you need me all the time during the waking hours too?!" 

It's not like this ALL the time of course.  First thing in the morning he usually gives me an hour of time where he plays quietly and I eat cereal and look at the internet.  Then after each nap he usually gives me at least a half hour or so.  And when Patrick is home, he entertains him as well.

 This is what Connor looks like when he's trying his hardest to get to me.

I have to admit that I'm having separation anxiety too.  Patrick is going on his first work trip next week for 5 days.  I decided to not go with him on this trip since it's a 6 hours drive, with Connor it would be more like 8 hours, and we have no idea how well Connor would do.  Last time we drove to Chattanooga he screamed himself hoarse for the second hour there.  Separation anxiety.  We decided that was too much for us to handle, so I'm staying in Madison for a few days by myself, and will try to drive to Chattanooga during Connor's first nap, which is usually about 2 hours.  Not totally sure if he will actually sleep the whole way, but I'm hoping he will.

So that's 6 days away from Patrick.  It sounds super yucky.  So yucky I've been avoiding thinking about it.  Separation anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment