Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 8, 2012

Day in Chattanooga with Connor

We got back to Chattanooga on Wednesday night and I normally would have gone back to Huntsville the next morning, but my 5 year college reunion was on Friday night, and my favorite art and crafts fair was on Friday during the day, so I decided to stick around until Saturday. After all the driving we had done in the previous days, I felt a little silly taking Connor out on Thursday.  But I also didn't want to entertain him by myself all day at my mom's.  So we went to the TN Aquarium in the morning, then Connor had a nap at my mom's, and we went to the Creative Discovery museum in the afternoon.

Connor had a blast splashing in the ray and shark tank.
Silly bird!
I couldn't get any good picture of it, since I was trying to watch him and make sure he didn't dash into the habitat, but he really enjoyed the butterfly exhibit.  He kept looking up at the ceiling and laughing with joy.

Mommy is silly.  Right outside the butterfly exhibit.
Last time we went to the aquarium with Britni and her boys, Connor was kind of out of it and didn't really care.  This time he was much more interested in the fishies and we both had a good time.



You can see in this picture how soaked he got himself.
After Connor's nap we got some of the toys at my mom's house, and Connor found his favorite baby.  He loves it so much!  He rocked it in his arms, gave it kisses and pats on the back.  He has such a nurturing heart.
Kisses.

We then went to the Creative Discovery museum!  I love having access to it, and all the other great children's museums across the country.  Totally worth the money.

Connor loves the toddler area, which is called the Little Yellow House, and this time I got him interested in the music area.  He really liked the piano and the harp/music box thing.

While we were there, there was a couple with their 19-month-old daughter who thought I was the coolest.  She and Connor were interested in the same things, so even though we left each part of the museum at different times, we kept running into each other.  She and Connor played a wonderful duet on the piano.

Whoever wrote this was a mom.
At the piano.
He was really into this harp.
The next morning Connor had the best treat: Dada!  Patrick went on a very short business trip from Tuesday to Thursday, and he drove up to Chattanooga Thursday night so we could all be together.  We had a good time at the Hodgepodge on Friday morning, and I had a lot of fun seeing my classmates up at Bryan College for dinner Friday night.  There might have been as many babies present as adults!  Saturday we were all really ready to get home.  We stopped by the Jemisons' to see Happah and Nana, and then we stopped by Granmar's to visit with her.  Then we drove home, and it is so good to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment