Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 6, 2013

Connor's Birthday Weekend

This year Connor's birthday fell on Saturday, and we decided to have his birthday party on Sunday to make sure that Aunt Sassy could come. There are definitely positives and negatives to having a Sunday birthday party. It was great to have all Saturday to prepare, but then Sunday night rolled around and I realized that Patrick had to go back to work. Luckily, today has been really great, and there is very little clean up.

We had a really great weekend, despite poor Connor being overtired and not in very good control of his frustration. We went to Connors Steakhouse on Saturday for lunch. We got to go last year on Connor's birthday weekend, and we hope to keep the tradition going for as long as we can! It was a really fun lunch. Connor was in a good mood and had a lot of fun coloring on the menu and eating sweet potato fries. He was very excited about getting the free birthday strawberry shortcake. He loves strawberries, and having the cake taught him to love whipped cream too!
My mom, Sarah, Will, and Henry came down to our house in time for dinner on Saturday night to spend the night and be here for Connor's party. They helped me out with the party so much!  I wouldn't have been able to get everything done without Sarah and Mom, and Connor REALLY loved having them here. He was so happy every time he saw one of them.
Connor's first remote control car from Liz and Parks.
Connor likes a lot of things right now, but the easiest to translate into a party theme is Elmo. Elmo is really popular with toddlers, so there was a lot of things to buy and a lot of inspiration to draw from on Pinterest. I had a lot of fun creating the decorations, but I'm really glad Sarah was available to help me finish them since the big Elmo face took a lot longer than I thought it would!
Cookies by Jessica! So good!
We had an amazing turn out!  Including our family, there were 18 adults and 5 children (3 and under). It was a little wild with everyone here, but I know all the kids had a good time and almost all of the food was gone, so I think it was fun for everyone!
Alex pushed Connor around on this ride toy a lot!
He's so close to walking.
Evie enjoying the Mickey Mouse train.
Playing with Connor's new magnets.
Alex got so tired by the end of the party.
Jeffrey and Zandra stayed for a long time!  I was proud of Jeffro.
Strawberries and yogurt!
I'm so proud and in love with my little man. I'm so happy we've had the past two years to spend with him. I'm also glad I get to have a few more months with my family of three before our new little wild man changes the status quo.

1 comment: