Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 29, 2013

The State of Connor

Connor is getting to be a whole lot of fun (well, even more than he already was).  He likes to "sing" several songs now, including Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star, Row, Row, Row Your Boat, and the alphabet, and to play along to a few songs like If You're Happy and You Know It, Shake Your Sillies Out, and Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes.  Here's a video where I caught one of his early renditions of the alphabet.
He still randomly selects some letters to subvocalize.  He also hasn't quite got down the "Next time won't you sing with me?" part.  He'll usually sing, "Now I know my ABC!  Now I know my... me!"

He can (mostly) count to 20, and he has enough words now to (usually) describe what he wants.  We're still trying to get him to understand that he can put words together, such as, "More strawberries please!"

Connor is always laughing at stuff.  Occasionally we have no idea what he's laughing at, which is always funny to me.  Lately he's been throwing his head back and laughing maniacally, kind of like he does here:
Connor immediately went mad with power when I turned the light off.  Unfortunately I only caught the tail end of it here.  I've never seen the Blair Witch Project, but I imagine it was something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment