Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snow!!

Last week we got snow on two different days.  On Tuesday we got a little snow that all melted by the end of the day.  Then on Wednesday it rained and turned into snow as the temperature dropped and we got about 3 inches at our house.  It was fun watching it come down at night. 
Connor and Patrick got the mail together.
Some of Connor's toys being snowed on.
The next morning, Patrick and I got the boys up and bundled as soon as we could to go play outside!  I put our little blue adirondack chair in the snow to get some pictures of the boys.  Eamon was thrilled.
When Connor came out, he made a beeline for the chair to pose in it.  It was pretty hilarious.  I was kind of shocked I got him to wear mittens, but I think he knew how cold the snow would be to his little fingers and he saw me wearing mine, so he asked for some himself.
Cheese!
I built a little snow totoro next to Eamon.  He kept trying to maneuver himself into getting the snow and touch it like I was.  He ended up on his belly on the chair a couple times.  I didn't spend a long time on the totoro because Connor was in a destructive mood and I knew he would want to destroy it.  And I was right!  When he saw it, he exclaimed, "Stomp the totoro!" and proceeded to mash it into the ground.
Making a snow ball to throw and yell, "Break!"
I got Patrick to take pictures of me and the boys.  They are so cute and I'm so glad that they had fun playing in the snow!  Eamon needed to go in for a nap, but Patrick stayed out with Connor for a while.  Connor mostly wanted to throw snow into the little stream in the gutters of the street, so Patrick brought him in when he was bored.  I think Connor liked the snow, but wasn't in love with it because he didn't ask to go out in it again and he wasn't sad when it was gone. He did, however, ask Patrick to tell him stories about a little boy named Connor who liked to "splash the ice" for the next three nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment