Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sweet 6 Month Old Eamon

Time flies!  It's hard to believe Eamon is 6 months old already.  I mean, it hasn't felt fast, but I haven't been really wanting it to go faster.  I've just been able to enjoy the here and now a lot with these two awesome kids.

Eamon has been going through a cognitive leap over the past couple weeks and we can see see so many changes in his behaviors, thought processes, and his physical abilities.  There's a lot going on!
Drooling up a storm.  We go through 3 bibs a day.
One of the new things Eamon is doing is sitting up all the time.  He gets stronger every day.  He throws his weight forward to scoot along the floor, and reaches for anything in his grasp, often ending up on his tummy.  Then he scoots backwards, trying to move himself forward, and will usually end up rolling around to try and get where he wants to go.  Connor crawled shortly after 7 months, and we are sure Eamon will by crawling by then too, if not earlier.  Then we'll all be in trouble!  I am sure I will have to be the referee between these boys, since Eamon loves Connor so much and just wants to be with him and touch him all the time.  When they nurse at the same time, Eamon tries desperately to hold Connor's hand.  Connor might do it for a minute, but usually shakes Eamon off.  Eamon regularly holds my hand when he is nursing, so I think he thinks it's just the thing to do, and I'm sure he can't understand why Connor doesn't want to do it!
Eamon loves jumping in his jumperoo, but his new favorite activity is bouncing on Rody.  He loves to alternating bouncing with gnawing on Rody's ears.  Eamon's teeth are threatening every day, but they definitely bother him a fair amount.  He drools a lot, is constantly chewing on toys and fingers, and has been acting differently for a week.
Eamon got his first snow day last week!  We didn't know how long the snow would last, so we changed him as soon as he woke up to take pictures of him in the snow.  You can see him being a little puffy-eyed and tired.  He was smiling for his dad.
Eamon has been much more fussy and demanding with us.  He wants to be held a lot and doesn't like for us to go out of his sight.  He also is much more engaging and likes to play games and interact with us too.  He's pretty chill as long as his basic need for nearness is met.  We've spent a couple afternoons, when he woke up early from his nap, sitting in front of the patio door, while he looked outside and I read a book.

His schedule right now is a little bit off of what I would like, but it's working okay.  He's been waking up pretty early, but I think that was temporary because of all the mental changes.   He was waking up around 7, the switched to 5:45, and sometimes earlier, and is slowly going back towards 7.  He takes several short naps in the morning and at lunch time, before a long nap that I try to start at the same time as Connor's.  Sometimes Eamon is ready at 1:30 and I have to let him be awake and tired while I put Connor to bed.  It is sad to hear him cry when I come back from putting Connor down, but I just don't have much choice!  He's still sleeping on me for naps, which is working fine, so I'm not going to change it until I have to.  Having him rest with me is too awesome to change as long as I can help it.  I know I'll have to give it up soon for his rest's sake anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment