Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doctor's Appointment!

Today we had our second and a half doctor's appointment!  At our first appointment in late August, the ultrasound showed a baby about a week and a half smaller than it should be, so we went back two weeks later September 14th to see if the baby was growing and just a little later than they thought.  And it was!  We got an ultrasound picture and even heard the heartbeat!  That brings our due date to May 1st.



Our little turtle baby at 7 weeks


This appointment was pretty short, just to make sure I was doing okay.  We listened to the heart beat, which is at 170 beats per minute, and the doctor answered a couple of my questions and told us we would have another ultrasound in two months, the appointment after next.  We asked if it was okay to tell people now and he said that since the heart pulse was so good and strong that he is confident we're all okay!

First trimester is hard as far as symptoms go, but I've been doing okay.  I feel nauseous most of the time, but I don't throw up and I can keep it manageable by eating almost constantly.  I can still wear my pants, but they put a lot of pressure on my tummy so I've been wearing my "fat" pants.  My back hurts sometimes, and sleeping can be difficult sometimes.  My sense of smell and hearing is a lot more keen and I've found I'm not really interested in things like clay or crafting, or even fashion, but that I have a lot of nesting instinct and want to get my house in order!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! It's public knowledge! I can't wait to start/keep reading this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "fat pants" term. I have about 3 sizes of (non-maternity) clothes that I have rotated through over the last 4 yrs. I feel like Lily Kate was "bean" so I'm going to call this one "turtle baby". Can't you hear Marie calling it turtle baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ran and told Katie that you are pregnant. I am so excited that I now get to share with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear everything is going so well. I've started praying for my new grandchild everyday. Love you guys all three of you.Hap Pah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! We're so happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete