Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

First Post from the Dad-to-Be

It's been almost a week since Becca set this blog up, and I was finally able to sit down and join it today. I've been working a lot lately, as Becca mentioned in a previous post, but I'm looking forward to when I max out my comp time hours so I can drop down to a normal workweek!

So, how am I feeling about having a baby on the way? Well... just great! I already have a lot of love in my heart for this baby, and I don't even know yet whether to expect a boy or a girl. I haven't been good yet about reading baby books or anything, but part of that is just not having free time. Also, Becca might just be starting to show. I'm sure it will feel a lot different when I can see the baby, rather than just know that there is a baby.

Right now, Becca is 12 weeks pregnant, and The Bump says that our baby is the size of a plum. Of course, our baby is unique, and not just a plum like every other 12-week baby. So I came up with my own size reference. When talking size, I like to say "tall" instead of "long". "Long" sounds more like a thing, and "tall" sounds more like a person. So, our baby is as tall as this turtle is wide (note that this also fits the turtle theme, since the baby looked like a turtle in the ultrasound):

This photo was used without permission from the Turtle Journal (Saving the World, One Turtle at a Time), but I bet they will forgive me if they ever find out about it.

Becca's been feeling sick and tired for awhile now, but she's just about through the first trimester now! We're both excited about that! I try my best to be nice to her and help her out whenever I can, even though I'm pretty tired myself a lot of the time. I'm sure we'll both be even more tired when the baby is born, but we will also have a whole new source of love to give us strength!

Becca and I went to Target today to look at baby stuff while we were waiting for the Maple Hill Cemetery Stroll event today (where people dress up like the notable residents of said cemetery and tell their stories... very interesting, but off subject...). We weren't planning on setting up a gift registry at Target, but they had some stuff there that I loved (yes, me, Patrick... Becca loves them too, but I loved them first) and felt like I had to have it for my baby. We got home and found that they had good reviews, so we set up the registry. Maybe we'll add other stuff to it later, but anyway, it's there. Special note if somebody wants to get a jump on baby stuff: the bouncer comes for free with the swing! Don't waste any money buying the bouncer! I apologize to everyone for commercializing my baby's blog from my very first post.

We're really excited to find out in December whether we will have a boy or a girl. Of course we will be happy either way! We'll let you all know as soon as we find out; count on it!

Thanks to all who care about us and who love our baby! Please pray for all three of us!

3 comments:

  1. Patrick, I love you (in the most platonic way possible) and I think you're going to be a GREAT dad.

    Also, The Turtle Journal sounds awesome. I might have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Now I have a reason to browse around the baby section and not have Matthew yell at me to get out of there :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used Target for both girls when I was pregnant--they're great :) Huge congrats to you and Becca!! :)

    ReplyDelete