Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Connor is the Best Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep him down!  

I often have this song going through my head when I spend my days with Connor.  He's just so great!  He is learning so many new things every day.  He loves to repeat words that we say and he is learning to let us know what he wants.  In the past two days he has started saying "side" for outside and points to whether he wants to go out to the back yard or the front yard.  He not only signs "all done" but now also says "all gun," which can mean he wants to stop or he wants you to stop, like when he wants to get me off my computer and closes the lid on the laptop.  He will then say "buhbye."  The best story from this week (or the worst) is when I was going to the bathroom and he ran in after me, waving his hands in the air to sign "all done," yelling "all gun" and then tried to push me off the toilet.  Mamas don't even go alone.
Right before bed one night.
Connor's been asking for food more often.   He doesn't eat a lot, but he asks for it, which is nice.  He loves carrots, apples, crackers, and just started liking apple sauce. 

This kid is adventurous and inquisitive, but that might just be a good description of all children.  After being at the beach and climbing on all the chairs, he has discovered he can climb on our chairs at home, which is much more dangerous since they are higher up and not as stable.
Actually taken right before we went to the beach.
He used the dishwasher door to get a can, which he loves.
Connor has lots of favorite things.  Most of them are not toys.  He really likes Patrick's belt and will try to tug them off his pants if he has the chance.  His way of choice for wearing the belt is around his neck.
It makes me think of those pictures of baby girls
with pearl necklaces, but the boy version.
Connor fairly recently decided that he likes watching movies.  I try not to let him watch a lot of TV, but when it's hot, or I'm tired, it's nice to do for an hour or so.  So far the things Connor has shown the most interest in are Sesame Street, My Neighbor Totoro, and Ponyo.  Of course, those are the things I've chosen for him to watch repeatedly so it might just be familiarity, but he definitely asks for them.  On the way to the beach, when given the option between Totoro and Ponyo, he chose Ponyo.  While at the beach, he only wanted to watch Totoro.  But on the way back, we were back to Ponyo.  He's definitely got opinions and he not afraid to let you know what they are.
Watching Totoro on a tired day.

1 comment: