Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 21, 2012

In Which I Actually Update

You may wonder, as I do, why I haven't updated the blog in such a long time.  It's just one of those things that you don't want to do until you're doing it and you realize you can share all those awesome things going on in your life, even if they will probably sound tedious to someone else.  Ahem.

So of course since I'm updating for almost a month, it would be silly to do everything in one post.  For now I'll just cover what Connor has been up to around the house.

He's a great little boy.  He loves to go outside and just walk around, talking about things, picking up acorns, sticks, and rocks.  He loves the water and will play with it any chance he gets, including dumping out my whole water bottle onto the carpet.  We need to work on that.

He really enjoys watching TV.  Since I've been sick two times in the past month, I've been letting him watch a lot more than I like to.  It's really easy to just put on Totoro, lay on the couch, and let him watch it while I cat-nap.  We've just been listening to music the past couple days and he seems to like that just as well, and will actually play with his toys, which is great!
How I found him one day.  Sigh.  He's become a climber.
Someone loves his Daddy's clothes.
Connor helping Dada assemble his new chair.
He put the screwdriver in all the holes.
I love my chair!  Thanks Dada!
One night while Connor was taking a bath, Patrick decided he needed a hair cut.  We hadn't cut Connor's hair at all since he was born and some parts that hadn't fallen out were really long.  The sides of his head definitely needed to be cut, so Patrick cut them.  The next day, Connor asked for a bath at 9 in the morning, which is really rare.  While he was in there, I decided the back and the bangs were really too long, especially with the sides as short as they were.  I managed to trim them up, and Connor got his first haircut!  It looks really good!  I miss his curls, but we'll let is grow out and then they will all be even.
My new favorite food is applesauce!
Watching TV on a lazy and tired day.
We have been hanging out with Parker and Porter a lot and Parker taught Connor how to climb onto his water table.  It is his favorite way to play now.

1 comment: