Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Alphabet Surprise!

Connor has never seemed interested in attempting the alphabet.  I've never been very successful getting him to repeat letters after me, and even less so ever stringing letters together (other than "AB," which he is very fond of).

So it came as a big surprise to Becca and me today when we were coloring with Connor, and he just started singing the whole alphabet, right up to "now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me!"

Becca and I both exclaimed to one another, then clapped and cheered for Connor.  Becca said, "I kind of want to give him chocolate... does that make me a bad parent?"  I told her to go ahead - after all, Connor's not going to sing the alphabet for the first time ever again!

Turned out to be a mistake.  He ate it and loved it and started demanding more.  We told him it was "all gone for Connor," and he wigged out.  Poor guy.  I guess we'll stay away from food rewards in the future!

Also, random bonus pic: Connor got a rabbit tic-tac-toe game, and I really liked his idea of what to do with the pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is so adorable. I love my little monkey.

    ReplyDelete