Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Eamon

This is a day late, but there was too much going on on his birthday and I had a year's worth of pictures to look through!

To my sweet Eamon, on his first birthday.
How happy I am to have you my life!  The day you were born, I knew you were the sweetest boy I'd ever met.  I call you my little sack of sugar multiple times a day.  You were so joyful and calm and loving that first day, and that is just how I would describe you today.  You gave your dad a kiss today, without prompting.  You love him so much, just like you love me and your brother.

You are also a little reckless and daring.  Today I found you squatting on the dining room table, chewing on some decorations, harassing your brother who was coloring.  What a nut!  You love to climb.  Sometimes you get on top of something and have no idea how you are going to get down, so you call for us to come help you in a little panicked voice with a furrowed brow.

When you were in my tummy, you kicked me CONSTANTLY.  You were always moving around.  I thought you were be unruly or wild but really you were just so excited.  You still get very enthused about pretty much everything.  You love food and really like trying new things.  You like to communicate, telling us "more" and "all done" in sign language, and let's not forget your favorite: "milk"!

You love music.  Your favorite song is "Wheels on the Bus."  You even do a couple motions to it, which melts my heart every time I see you do it, with a giant grin on your face.  You like for me to sing, and Connor to sing.  You really seem to like "oldies" from the 50's and 60's.  And of course, anything with a bass beat, just like Connor.  I think I could play Daft Punk for you two all day and you would be happy.

You just went through a mental leap because all of the sudden you are full of opinions, pointing at things that interest you, or where you want me to take you.  You have mimicked a lot of words and sounds, but today you said you first word: baby!  You called a bobble-headed toy we have a baby at least 3 times today.  You petted it when you were talking to it, and it was precious.

You love people.  You want to talk to them and interact with everyone.  You are a huge flirt and have a whole routine.  If someone looks at you for more than a brief moment, you expect them to hold you.  You do have some special favorites, like my friend Jessica.  You would happily sit with her for hours.  And of course Sassy, your beloved aunt.

Just like your brother, you like things to be "just so."  You get very excited when your dad comes home and race down the hall to the garage door to see him.  If he comes in the front door, you yell at him until he comes in through the garage door like you were expecting him to!

No comments:

Post a Comment