Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Feeling Pregnant

It's kind of amazing. I haven't gotten bigger, but recently I've embraced my pregnant state wholeheartedly.  I don't know if it's just the way I've been able to talk a bunch of people's ears off about being pregnant.  Winship's death brought so many of my family members together, and we've wanted to reconnect with all of our friends, and we've seen almost all of our Huntsville friends since we got back from Chattanooga.

Unfortunately for me, being in my second trimester doesn't mean all the nausea and tiredness is gone, just the majority of it.  I'm still sleeping long periods of time, but I don't feel as tired when I'm awake.  It's also easier for me to fall asleep, which is a relief.  If last night was any indication, I think it's going to be harder to stay asleep.  I wake up thirsty and having to pee a few times a night, and I know that's just going to increase.  But like I tell all my friends who haven't been pregnant, this isn't fun, but it's TOTALLY worth it.  Especially when you have a husband as wonderful as mine.

Speaking of Patrick, I have to gush about him for a minute.  We've taken a lot of time off this year.  By the end of the year, it will have been around 7 weeks.  That means Patrick has been working extra every day to take as much of that time off as comp time.  The time we want to take off could be tackled at this point using vacation, but Patrick wants to save that for when the baby is born so he doesn't have to work extra during my third trimester and will still be able to take off two weeks when the baby is born.  That's right, he's already the world's best dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment