Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

He's a Boy!

Yesterday, Becca and I went in for the much anticipated 20-week ultrasound. We were told that we might get the opportunity to find out if we would be having a boy or a girl, but as Becca said so many times, "I just want to see my baby!"

And see him we did! I was not prepared for how beautiful the baby would appear, not yet born and just by ultrasound technology. Now, the moment you've all been waiting for... pictures!


Here you can see his little head. He was curled up the whole time we were watching, so we didn't get to see his face yet. For a moment, he brought one of his hands up to his face, maybe to suck his thumb?


We watched him kicking his tiny feet back and forth for a good while, before he showed us that he was a boy. I won't be posting a picture of that. It might embarrass him when he's a teenager, and I wouldn't have that!


This is something I found fascinating... look at his spine! This is one thing you can admire in an ultrasound that you can't see with the naked eye when the child is born. At one point, he turned just so, and his whole rib cage glinted. Just amazing to me!

We had a few more (blurry) pictures, so I won't post them all. Other than this, the doctor just said that our son is looking normal and healthy, so we are grateful for that! Also, our due date got moved up from May 1st to April 27th, since the ultrasound showed our son to be a little larger than expected.

Everybody's asking if we have a name yet... we have one that we like at the moment, but we can discuss it a lot more since we only need to consider boy names now. I'll save the baby names for a later post: I think this was news enough for one day!

4 comments:

  1. Patrick, I'm SO excited for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray!!!! We love our little nephew - and we'll take an earlier due date - meeting him sooner sounds great :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :):):)!! I was always amazed by the spine too on Jacks ultrasounds, congrats! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited for you - but just a suggestion: keep at least one favorite girl name in mind, just in case. The doctors were SURE I was going to be an "Andrew" and then I arrived and, Surprise!, my parents got "Andrea"

    ReplyDelete