Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nursery Furniture and Dinner

In my weekly emails about my baby's progress, it's started to include not only how many weeks along I am, but how many week I have left until 40.  Thirteen weeks is much more ominous than 27 weeks!  I hope he is growing as well as he should.  He's supposed to be about 2 pounds right now, and I just want him to get bigger and bigger and stay in there until he's totally ready to come out.  I know we're not ever going to be really ready for him to get here, but we're trying really hard!  His furniture came in and last night Patrick worked on putting his crib together.

Here's what his room looks like right now:
We have lots of things to put up on the walls, but I think we're going to wait until the glider rocker gets here before we do.

I'm really proud of the dinner I made last night, so I wanted to share pictures.  I had the desire to make bread, so I made pretzel bread, which is Patrick's absolute favorite.  I also made chicken and turkey sausage soup, with stock I made myself from cooking down a chicken.
Here's the recipe for the pretzel bread.  It is so very good!

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me so excited! I can't wait to see the finished room - it's going to be SO cute! AH! And you have a CRIB for your BABY! :)

    Also, I'm absolutely making that bread tonight. We're not having awesome soup though. (I'm making a recipe Laura sent me for Christmas.) But I definitely can't wait to try it - and I'm glad you posted pictures so I know what yours looks like. I tend to be a visual cook :) If it looks like something I've been shown, it's a success, no matter what it tastes like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to substitute the word "propitious" in where you wrote "ominous". There, that's better!

    Also, you could have taken a more manly photo of me, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, we made the bread, it was awesome. Parks and I ate the first loaf by ourselves and then the second one with friends the next night. I'll be making that again!

    ReplyDelete