Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Connor's Job

Sleeping babies are the best! I'm typing this with one hand because my sweet little boy is curled up in the other arm.  This is our last day with Daddy home, and it has been very quiet.  Connor slept really well last night because I decided to hold him the whole night.  I have him in between his SnuggleNest and my body, on top of a pillow, with my arm under him.  We both feel secure and he sleeps much, much more soundly.  The flip side of that is that he's much more alert when he wakes up to eat and takes a while to settle down.  But since I've gotten a longer period of restful sleep, I don't mind soothing him to sleep.  When he sleeps on his SnuggleNest, he flails and grunts the whole night and it is much more difficult for him to get really restful sleep.

I've been telling Connor that Daddy has to go back to his job and that he and I have to make sure and continue to do our jobs well.  Connor's job is to eat and sleep, and Mommy's job is to feed both him and Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Becca, that's how I slept with my babies too! Loved it and it's true, much better to get restful sleep for both of you! Glad he's doing so well. He sure is cute!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a doll in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete