Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hello World!

Becca and I are so happy to introduce to you our son and the first addition to the Jemison House, Connor Brandon Jemison! He was born at 9:14 yesterday morning, and we already love him like he was always a part of us.

We got this card in Japan, can you tell?

I know many of you have been waiting what seems like so long to get some pictures of our baby boy. We have been very busy and very tired, but I finally have some time to officially deliver our news here while Becca rests!

Here he is, wide-eyed and ready to meet you!

Connor is a very calm and quiet baby, and he has shown every sign of good health in all of his tests. He has been feeding well and he knows his parents! Whenever he cries out, he calms down almost immediately when we hold him.

We think Connor has his mom's nose and ears, and he has his dad's mouth and fingers and toes. We aren't sure about his eyes yet; maybe he's somewhere in between. We actually haven't got a picture of it yet, but he has a full head of soft brown hair with some hints of red.

Connor with Mommy - such an amazing woman

It was a crazy time leading up to Connor's birth. We had tornadoes come through Alabama in some of the strongest storms in history. We were very blessed in that the storms did not damage our home, but it did knock our power out for about five days. We went to stay with our families up on Signal Mountain, where we had some anxiety about when Connor would come, but we did have the comfort that family brings!

We made it back to Huntsville on Monday in time for Becca's appointment with Dr. Speed. It looked like Connor was not going to be coming on his own any time soon, so the doctor recommended that we head to the hospital only a few hours later to induce! We got to Crestwood Medical Center, and began Becca's long labor. After 38 hours, Connor had to be delivered via Cesarean Section because he was not aligned properly for delivery.

Wednesday morning, we had a healthy baby and a very very tired Mommy!

Connor with Dad - whose love is overflowing

I am so grateful to God for this child, for his mother who worked so hard to bring him here, and for all the doctors and nurses here at Crestwood who have cared for the three of us. I have felt more love in the past few days than I ever have before. I do not know if I will ever in my life perform an act as amazing as Becca's labor, and I will never forget it.

She is recovering still, and she cannot wait to be up out of bed where she can have a more active role in taking care of her son. Please pray that the remainder of her recovery goes well and swiftly!

Until next time!

14 comments:

  1. ^o^ Thank you for updating us Patrick. I feel so incredibly happy right now. You know in the last week I had quite a bit of bad news, but right now I feel like ALL of it has been washed away and that I'm a part of the most joyful process in the world. I'm so happy to be an uncle and I can't wait to hold my little nephew for the first time.

    Love,
    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful. I love every photo...To see you guys with your baby makes me so happy! Welcome Connor! We look forward to meeting you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Patrick and Becca. What a great name for the little chap. Welcome to the world Connor.

    Ronan Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Packet & Becca! He is beautiful. I am so happy for you and the beginning to your new family.

    Love you Both
    JK

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so beautiful to me I'm the happiest grandad in the world. This really what GOD BLESS means.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize this would be so emotional for me, or I would've have read it at work! When I got to that picture of Becca I had to leave my desk and go to the bathroom to cry a few tears of happiness for you guys! He. Is. PRECIOUS and I can't wait to see you all!! We're praying that Becca has a quick recovery and can be up and moving soon - she looks great! (Packet, if Becs doesn't read this, tell her I said so!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two made a beautiful baby. barely a day old and he's already breaking hearts ;-)

    Congrats to you, and Ross & I look forward to visiting the THREE of you at your house sometime soon!

    ~Andy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so sweet! I love him already! Congratulations, you guys are gonna be great parents. So proud of you Becca!

    -Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patrick, I was noticing he had your lips before I even got to the part about whose what he has! His eyes, though.... he seems very "knowing." He's a lovely, lovely baby. I wish you and Becca every happiness.

    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay!!! congrats! becca, i had a c section too. the journey to recovery is challenging and different. if you want or need to talk about it i'm here! so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kevin and I are so excited for all three of you as you begin this new adventure in life!! He is a perfect baby and you should be so proud! I am amazed at the incredible woman Becca is through this delivery. Once Becca has recovered and you all have adjusted, we'll plan a trip down to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. While looking at the photos today with Lil for the first time:

    Lil: "A boo - I think he's saying A Boo!"

    Me: "Who's saying a boo?"

    Lil: "Uncle Patrick. He's saying that to make him laugh (Connor)."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations becca and patrick :) he is so beautiful i may not have had children but i have 7 gorgeous neices and nephews (5 nephews) 2 neices

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is sooooo adorable!!! First thing I told Matthew when the photo popped up was "he has Becca's nose" Glad I'm not the only one :) I don't want to be the crazy godmother, just and awesome one <3 I can't wait to meet him, hopefully, we'll be able to get over your way sometime this week. I'm looking forward to the end of May and have the letter on our fridge so it won't get lost. Congratulations to the both of you, and we love you both.

    p.s. I had written this before, but I was on my phone and had an operator malfunction in the last step of clicking on Kevin's name instead of the box, so it erased what I had written.

    ReplyDelete