Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sleeping Through the Night

My world has been transformed.  Last Friday, Connor was fighting going to sleep in my arms the way we have been doing it for his whole life.  Earlier that day he had taken both his naps in his crib, so I though, "What the heck?"  and put him down in the crib.  He rolled onto his side and fell asleep.  Patrick and I waited with bated breath to see if he would wake up upset to be on his own, or to eat, but he slept 12 hours until the morning and has every night since. 

It's astonishing how much this change in his sleeping habits has changed my life.  I get to spend a lot more along time with Patrick, but I miss him like crazy when he's sleeping away from me.   I have so much free time, but since I'm not comforting Connor through his naps, he sometimes sleeps for only 40 minutes.  When he poops or toots in his sleep, it wakes him up.  I'm not really sure if there's anything I can do to change that, but he usually will only have one of his naps be short if either of them is.

You would think that since he's not sleeping with me, I would be much more well rested, but I'm not.  I used to be forced to have 3-4 hours of down time during the day when I napped or read, and even thought he was still night nursing, it didn't really disturb my sleep very much.  Now I'm getting continuous sleep, but it's hard for me to nap or even make myself sit still when he is napping.  Today I napped during his first nap, but it was hard for me to go to sleep and when he woke up I felt really groggy.  I'm sure it will balance out soon and I'll figure out what time I need to go to bed to feel good.

Patrick doesn't like it when I post with no pictures, here's well-rested baby boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment