Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

So Very Busy

What can I say?  Connor is a handful.  He wants to type on the computer if I have it open, or be on my lap, or have me sit on the floor with him almost all the time.  I end up having the TV on just to distract him for a few minutes so I can eat. 

Sometimes he is pretty self-sufficient, but then I have to watch him to make sure he doesn't get into anything he's not allowed to.  He is responding really well to his warning words, "Not for Connor."  Sometimes he will freeze and look at me to see if I'm coming to get him, but sometimes the temptation is just too much and he will grab books off the shelf, or whatever else he wanted to do and when Patrick or I get him he yells at us in indignation.  It's pretty hilarious.  I'm also trying to teach him that some things are "yucky" as well as "not for Connor," like the toilet seat.

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh, the toilet seat...or the trash can. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a step can for the kitchen, but the bathroom trashcans live on top of the toilets.

      Delete
  2. Happily you don't have pets right now. I'm told the cat food bowl was my favoite "yucky" to get into at that age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if we will ever get pets for this very reason. Maybe when all our kids are old enough not to get into the pet stuff!

      Delete