Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Two Weeks of Sweet Boys

Time goes by fast when you are nursing 24/7!  We've had a good couple of weeks.  Megan came to visit us, then Sarah, and then Patrick went back to work.  The boys and I have had a good couple of weeks at home.  We've been pretty low key, but have ventured out twice together to Target and to the Play Place.  We've also had people come over who had kids to play with Connor a couple of times, which has helped keep me sane, and kept Connor from watching too much TV.  That's definitely a struggle!  I don't want Connor to watch so much TV, but I can't entertain him all the time, and sometimes I have to have the mental break.  Being this tired means my patience with him is limited, and I have been getting close to the edge of my tolerance for his normal 2-year-old behavior.

Luckily, Patrick is a huge help when he comes home, and one of the biggest helps of all was getting meals delivered from my sweet MOMS Club friends.  For two weeks, we got a delicious meal every other night.  Awesome!

Something I forgot to mention is that we put the toddler rail on Connor's crib shortly after getting back from the hospital.  Mom helped me realize that there was no way I could manage getting Connor in and out of his bed and changing his sheets while healing from surgery.  The transition has gone amazingly.  Connor really likes being able to get in and out, but he only does it a little bit.  Most mornings he calls me from his bed after spending some time reading books and playing with toys in his bed.  Some times he decides all the books need to be off the shelves though.
All the books on the floor!
Visit from Aunt Megan
Aunt Sassy and Eamon
Silly Connor
Oh hi there!
Sweet big brother.
Watching TV.
Love it!
A sad thing happened to our family this week.  Our great friends Britni and Jerod and their sons Parker and Porter moved to Louisiana for 6 months for Jerod's work.  They will be back for the weekend every 3 weeks, but we are used to seeing them 1-2 times a week and Connor and I are so sad they are gone!  Connor has asked about them every day this week.  They came over on Sunday night for dinner, and I tried to take some pictures of all the boys together, which was comical.
We'll miss you Wootens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment