Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Babies = Lots of Stuff

Wow! After two baby showers, I feel like our baby owns more things than I do now... and he's not even born yet!

We had a trip to Chattanooga this weekend to see family and a couple of friends. We ate at Foodworks twice, so we got to see Aunt Megan, the best waitress there is, twice this weekend! Also, my food got cooked by Megan's boyfriend Dave both times, (note to self: remember to change that to "Uncle Dave" if his status changes in the future) and it was excellent as always!

The first time we went to eat was Friday night with my parents, "Hapaw" and my mom, whose grandmother name remains to be determined; as well as Becca's mom "Sani" (pronounced "Sunny"), Aunt Sarah, Uncle Will, and Uncle Henry. We went again for brunch today with Aunt Sarah and our friends David and Lorin (who wishes to be called "Crazy Uncle Lorin").

Yesterday Becca went to a Chattanooga baby shower. It was at Great-Granmar's house, and Great Aunt Graham and Aunt Sarah arranged everything. Becca had a wonderful time, and we are both so grateful for all the gifts we got from everyone!

Today when we got back home to our house, we went through all the gifts so I could see them, and I was amazed by how many things we have already accumulated. For your viewing pleasure, a photo of the madness:

Our little one is almost here, and we are very excited to meet him. Most of the people we saw this weekend will not see us again until he is here! I know I won't be getting the sleep I'm used to when he arrives, but the only thing I am really not looking forward to is changing the diapers! I am sure that my love for him will allow me to do it without hesitation when the time comes, though!

Love from Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment