Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Praying for Japan

As most of you know, Patrick's brother Kevin has been living in Japan working through the JET program as an English teacher in the Nara City schools for the past five years.  Last August, when his contract was up, he came back to the US, planning to be here a year before going back to open an English-speaking cafe in Nara and living in Japan permanently.  Last Wednesday he flew back to Nara to visit his girlfriend for her birthday.  Nara is in southern Japan, so it was not really affected by the earthquakes and tsunamis, but I know his heart is hurt for all the people in his adopted country.

Patrick and I have visited Japan twice and we know that we will be going back in the future to visit Kevin.  We want to get this book to help our children understand Japan's culture and what their uncle's life is like:

We love Japan and are praying for them as they go through this huge time of crisis.
Patrick, Kevin, and their sister Megan in Japan last May.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize he had left already. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin was just going back for (I think) a week to visit. He's planning on ultimately returning to live in Japan this August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. I'll go ahead and quote my facebook comment on the situation in Japan so it can be read by anyone who visits this blog in the years to come, "I've been really impressed with my generation and even younger people in Japan. I cannot go anywhere without seeing dozens of youth taking collections around stations and landmarks and I keep meeting people that are loading up their cards with rice and supplies and driving up to the disaster area to help. You guys give me more hope for the future of Japan than I've had in a long time!"

    ReplyDelete