Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holidays

Now that we're back home and mostly settled, I feel like I can take a second to write about our Christmas holidays.

Connor and I had some uneventful days at home and then some fun days in Chattanooga with my mom, sister, and brothers.  Patrick came to join us at my mom's on Friday and we went to go meet out first nephew, Riley!  Riley was prematurely born on October 10th.  His due date was December 9th, but he is doing amazing for a baby born at 33 weeks.  Hasn't been sick, only spent a month in the hospital, and he weighed 10 lbs 2 oz on this trip.  It was so fun to hold a tiny baby again.

 Connor seeing his dad again after 5 days

 Two new dads holding each other's babies (Patrick's sister Jessica's husband Matt)

Traditionally, my family has always had a big Christmas Eve dinner and then spent all of Christmas day in pajamas.  Since being a Jemison, I have instead spent Christmas day at my mom's for a couple hours in the morning, and then at the Jemison's for the rest of the day, which includes another big dinner.  This year my mom's church was having services only on Saturday night, so she decided to have a Christmas Eve lunch.  I thought that was great because it meant that we got to go to Christmas church too, since our church's services were at 5:00 (when dinner would have been), 9:30 (too late for Connor) and 9:30 the next morning (too early for Connor).

 Connor and Aunt Sarah Christmas Eve morning

 Happaw holding his two grandsons

 All ready to go to church

 Taking a second to taste Uncle Henry's present to make sure it's safe


Christmas morning Connor and I got up at 9:15 because Patrick told us everyone else was up.  We had to get to opening presents! First we opened our stockings, in which Connor found this mysterious object.
 What could it be?  I should put it in my mouth and see.

 Connor and one of his toys from Sani, with another on his leg.

 My mom and Sarah looking at the photo books that Laura, 
Liz,and I made them and my grandmother for Christmas.


I was really worried about the schedule for the day.  Connor usually naps two hours after he wakes up, or 12 o'clock, whichever comes last.  He work up at 9, but we went to the Jemison's at 11 and opening presents with that many people doesn't just take an hour.  Then I wasn't sure where I could go to take him for a nap because the men of the Jemison house (excepting Patrick) have a hard time containing their volume.  I shouldn't have worried though! Connor was great until we were done opening presents and then I was able to go into an upstairs bedroom and he took his whole nap.

 Uncle Patrick and Riley

  
Connor, the gift

 Riley, the gift

 Connor with Aunt Jenny and her gift to him


 Nana, playing with the toy soldiers that inexplicably came with one of Megan's gifts.  
She is saying"Pew! Pew!"

Aunt Jenny and her gift from us of which I am very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment